“WELCOME TO FALL BEGINNINGS”
Updated October 17, 2019
EVENTS and HAPPENINGS
- MONDAY EVENINGS YOUTH ACTIVITY CLUB (YAC) Logie Hall Gym 7:00 - 9:00 pm All Youth Welcome (12 years and older) No Fees; ALL ARE WELCOME!
- TUESDAY AFTERNOONS 1:30 - 3:00 pm Rev. Dexter van Dyke STUDY GROUP (See outline below)
- TUESDAY, October 15, 2019 at 7:00pm Jubilation Handbell Ringers We always welcome new members. Please join us in the sanctuary.
- THURSDAY, October 17. 2019 Starting Thursday, October 17 Senior Choir practices will begin at 7:00 pm. And the Christmas Cantata practice will begin at 7:45 pm until 9 pm. We welcome anyone interested in joining us.
- SUNDAY, October 20, 2019 10:30 REGULAR CHURCH SERVICE Rev. Dexter van Dyke Sunday School During Church Service COME ONE. COME ALL!
- SUNDAY, October 20, 2019 10:30 SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Wesley Hall COME ONE. COME ALL!
- SUNDAY, October 27, 2019 5:00 - 7:00pm ANNUAL FALL SUPPER (See poster below) COME ONE. COME ALL!
Study Group has begun. For now, we are looking at the lectionary readings that will be read the following Sunday. We use background materials from Seasons/Fussion as preparation for the study. We will be considering doing a book study at some point. The group is meeting on Tuesday afternoons from 1:30 - 3:00 pm. Over the next couple of weeks we will be exploring establishing a second group that meets in the evenings. 7:00 to 8:30 or 7:30 - 9:00. At this point Tuesday looks like the best possibility in terms of other scheduled meetings. All are welcome to come and explore the scriptures and how they might speak to us as we journey in faith and life.
Third Avenue United Church
1301 - 102nd Street
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
Phone: (306) 445 - 8171
“Games Church” at Third Avenue United continues this fall...
A small but joy-filled group, "Games Church" will be meeting monthly. We gather for a potluck meal at 5:30pm in Calvin Hall, then have a short church service. Our worship includes a bible reading from the Lectionary Story Bible, shared discussion on what the reading means in our own lives of faith, time for prayer, karioke-style hymns from Wood Lake's video hymnal, and an open-table ecumenical communion. After church, we spend time playing board games. It is a fun gathering that we all look forward to, and everyone is welcome. Seniors, kids, singles, couples, and families of all shapes and sizes enjoy this evening out! Our monthly schedule this fall is as follows:
Sunday Nov. 10, and Dec. 8 (more dates to follow for the new year...)
For more information, please feel free to contact Rev. Shawn at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 481 5654.
|THIRD AVENUE UNITED CHURCH
Every Third Sunday of the Month
Admission at the Door
6 - 12 yrs: $4.00
5 years & under: FREE
October 20th 2019
11:30 AM to
Lower Wesley Hall