The United Church of Canada is both a historical and a contemporary faith community. Therefore, we subscribe to all historic creedal statements, among them the Apostles Creed, and also to a contemporary creedal statement known as the New Creed of the United Church of Canada. As a member of the United Church of Canada, Third Avenue United Church in North Battleford, Saskatchewan, is committed to both statements of faith.
A NEW CREED
- We are not alone,
- we live in God's world.
We trust in God
- We believe in God:
- who has created and is creating,
who has come in Jesus,
the word made flesh,
to reconcile and make new,
who works in us and others,
by the Spirit.
- We are called to be the Church:
- to celebrate God's presence,
to live with respect in Creation,
to love and serve others,
to seek justice and resist evil,
to proclaim Jesus, crucified and risen.
our judge and our hope.
We are not alone
- In life, in death, in life beyond death,
- God is with us.
Thanks Be To God.
THE APOSTLES' CREED
- I believe in God, the Father almighty,
- creator of heaven and earth.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the holy catholic Church,
the communion of the saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.